last updated December 6, 2012
Chicago TARDIS welcomes inquiries from broadcast and print media (i.e. network television, local/national radio, and local/national magazines and newspapers). Whether your organization wants just an interview with one or more of our guests, or would like to spend the day– or weekend– with us via a press pass, we will work with you to make your coverage of our event as easy as possible. Contact Jennifer Kelley, the Programming/Publicity Director, to get the ball rolling.
Chicago TARDIS will consider press credential requests on a case-by-case basis from major web-only news outlets. By major, we mean places like TheMarySue, io9, etc.
The convention regrets we are unable to grant press passes to independent writers, photographers, filmmakers, bloggers, podcasters, fanzine publishers, and the like. Being a fan-run event, giving press passes to everyone who asked would severely impact our bottom line.
We realize, however, that modern media can do a lot to help spread the good word about our convention. So, although we can’t give you free admission, we can give you access. Access to what? Guests, for one thing. Behind-the-scenes info in advance. Bird’s-eye view of what happens during the course of the weekend. You get the idea.
Here’s the deal: publicize us beforehand, and we’ll make it worth your while.
Follow these handy steps to get in on the action:
- Contact Jennifer Kelley, the Programming/Publicity Director, to say you’re in. You will be put on a special mailing list that will get all con announcements early.
- Talk up Chicago TARDIS on your blog post, podcast, etc. Want a staff interview? Ask and it will be yours!
- Let us know you mentioned us by sending us links to what you said.
- The con will contact you in mid-November to set-up onsite perks for you. We’re talking about things like…
- interviews with the guests
- special space in a private area of the convention in which to conduct your interviews
- Backstage access at specific times for behind-the-scenes exclusives
- Send us links to your con coverage/reviews! We will boost the signal for you via Facebook/Twitter.
Please note that interviews are scheduled in advance only. Our guests frequently have tight weekend schedules, and will only be able to accommodate interviews pre-arranged through the convention’s Programming/Publicity Director. Walk-in requests for interviews and/or press credentials will be automatically rejected.