“One good solid hope is worth a cartload of certainties.”
For many fans, our love of Doctor Who stems from the idea that we are all capable of doing great good, and that every individual deserves respect and consideration. This year, Chicago TARDIS is again working with the Northern Illinois Food Bank on a very special endeavor. Convention attendees will become “honorary companions,” supporting a great local cause while celebrating adventures in time and space.
For over 30 years, Northern Illinois Food Bank has led the northern Illinois community in solving hunger by providing nutritious meals to those in need through innovative programs and partnerships. Since 1983, food manufacturers, local groceries, corporations, foundations, and individuals have come together to donate food and funds, and evaluate and repack food for distribution to 700 network partners serving more than 60,000 hungry neighbors each week across 13 counties. That commitment provided more than 33 million meals last year to those in need. Find out how you can Volunteer – Donate – Get Involved at www.SolveHungerToday.org or follow them on Facebook.
Chicago TARDIS will be holding both a silent and live auction of merchandise, special “packages,” and some higher-end collectible memorabilia. Registration is simple and easy:
- If you are interested in bidding on merchandise, click here
- If you are interested in donating merchandise, click here
And what are your options for joining us in our efforts to fight hunger?
- On Friday night, please join us for our Live Auction, where you will have a chance to bid on high-end, unique memorabilia, enjoy an evening of music and socializing, and kick off the convention in a grand manner. Registrants will be provided a bidder number and card which you can use when bidding for live auction items. We’re encouraging payment of Live Auction items on Friday night, but payment arrangements can be made via the Auction Registration table Saturday afternoon.
- Use the same number to bid on Silent Auction items both Friday and Saturday during Chicago TARDIS. Merchandise, memorabilia, and other items will be available for bidding at displays located near Main Programming. Each item will have a bid sheet – simply write down your number and bid (we’re doing incremental bidding), and if you’re the highest bidder by Saturday afternoon at 4:30 pm, you win! Results will be announced on Saturday night before the Masquerade, and available for pickup on Sunday, November 30th between 10:00 am and 2:00pm.
- Bidders will be e-mailed a unique bidder number for the Live and Silent Auctions (insuring anonymity), and can pay for your winning items via cash, check, or credit card. You can also be notified via SMS/Text message, and announcements will be made throughout the convention. People who register can bid on both silent and live auction items, doubling the opportunity to help raise funds for a great organization.
For people who wish to show more direct support of Northern Illinois Food Bank, we’re offering special convention ribbons for the first 400 attendees who bring 3 cans of food or other appropriate items. We will have collection boxes placed near registration, and will provide information about Northern Illinois Food Bank throughout the conference. (Collection hours will be posted on the bins as well as at the Auction table). If you wish to make a separate donation to the Northern Illinois Food Bank, please let us know at the Auction Registration table.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and thank you for your support!